Monday, November 22, 2010

The Weather Outside is Frightful!

It snowed last night and it is C.O.L.D. Cold. Like as in "winter storm warning" and "blizzard conditions" being thrown around by the weatherman. But I'm seeing something REALLY good about the weather being frightful. I stay home. Inside where it is cozy and has hot chocolate. And get lots of stuff done. My Christmas to-do list is dwindling quickly which makes me happy. And today, I used some of the last of my autumn apples and made a batch of apple butter for teacher Thanksgiving gifts. A little sticky label and some homespun and they are ready to go for tomorrow. Lets hope that the apple butter (and the little boy who has it in his backpack) don't freeze on the way to school tomorrow...

2 comments:

Army Wife Quilter said...

how much snow is expected? sorry i will miss it. do you move to a new place this next week. some of the old neighbors on the street said they are moving this next week to the other side of the base.

Tiggeriffic said...

My mom used to make apple butter for Thanksgiving every year... It tasted so good ...haven't had this for years.
I loved it and smiled when I read hope little boy carrying the apple butter for teacher and the little boy don't freeze when going to school tomorrow..:) very cute.
Have a great day~!~! ta ta for now annieptigger@aol.com