And it's been one heck of a thrill ride ever since. So today, in honor of twelve wonderful years with the man of my dreams, here are twelve reasons I think Tony is pretty great. By no means is this an exhaustive list...I'm sure you have other blogs to browse today...
1. He encourages my independence. He has always seen me as an individual person as well as his wife and partner.
2. Tony loves my cooking. He never complains about anything I cook and so we've had to adopt a 1 to 10 rating scale for new recipes so I can figure out whether I should bother to make it again. And the guy LOVES taking leftovers for lunch.
3. Despite challenges, together we have managed to bring three little miracles into our family. I still have trouble believing that God trusts us enough to give us these little ones to raise. Tony is a very hands-on dad and despite all the time I spend with the kids, he is still their favorite parent.
4. Tony has always supported our family so that I could stay home with the kids. There was never another option in his mind.
5. Whenever Tony sees a news alert about a shark attack, he emails it to me. I think he's just trying to assure me that my irrational fear of being eaten by a shark is well-founded.
6. He lets me drive the nice car while he gets the hand-me-down...even if it means driving around in a 14-year-old purple Civic. Excuse me, PLUM Civic.
7. He lets me obsess about Rob Thomas without too much flack.
8. Tony is constantly reminding me that he fully intends for me to get my master's degree when all the kids are in school all day. And he assures me that art history is a VERY worthy career path.
9. He's hot.
10. We have the same dreams for our future.
11. He is the most kind, honest, honorable and righteous man I know. Period.
12. He lets me beat him in Jeopardy.
I love you, Tony. Here's to the next twelve years...and many more.