Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cookie Cutter Treats


I'm so proud to say that I am related to Scribbit...and she has started her Winter Bazaar this month. It is a forum for sharing ideas during the winter months and the theme for October is Halloween, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring this week.


As the daughter of a dentist, I'm constantly on the lookout for alternatives to the candy (or toothbrush) hand-out at Halloween. So, to my delight, I found this great idea in the October 2007 issue of Paper Crafts and tweaked it to my style and practicality. I found the bags of Halloween cookie cutters in the $1 Spot at my local Target and then made a tag to tie to each that has a homemade play-dough recipe on one side and a sugar cookie recipe on the reverse. I think they turned out pretty cute!

12 comments:

April said...

I'm voting for you for sure! :) I think that is such a cute idea! I'm going to have to remember that if we ever live somewhere that we get trick-or-treaters! Love you!

Me and Them said...

Wonderful! I love it! I'm not crazy about all the sugar this time of year, and as a mother of four, I'm looking for alternatives too. This is a fantastic idea. Thank you for sharing!

Kristi said...

These turned out darling! I especially love that coffin cookie cutter!

Annie said...

These are a great idea, good party favors, too! Don't you just love black gingham ribbon? It's one of my favorites.

SusieQ said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Chris said...

Very well done!

The Not Quite Crunchy Parent said...

I too am the daughter of a dentists- so this sounds great! we also make salt dough ornaments for X-mas so giving the recipe out is a great idea!

Amy W said...

WOW, what a great idea! Unfortunately we get a ton of kids through in my neighborhood, but I could do this for a few of them...

Scribbit said...

They turned out so cute, I'll have to come trick-or-treating at your place!

Cocoa said...

Fantastic idea! Love the sugar free alternative.

Anonymous said...

Way too cute! I want to come to your house to get one.

Love,
Jeni

M said...

Very cute idea! My husband is a dentist (went to UNL, actually) and we usually give out toothbrushes from our office and play-doh, but this is another good one for the archives.

Thanks!