Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rise and Shout...

On our way to Spanish Fork to visit my sister and her family and to see her new home, we took a slight detour to revisit our 'ole stomping grounds in Provo. First stop was the Lavell Edwards Stadium and a quick peek at the marching band that was practicing for the season opener.Then we made the kids sit with us by the cougar by the stadium...I kinda felt a little sorry for them as they got dragged through their parent's ancient history, but you really can't start out those Cougar fans too early.



We couldn't believe how much the campus has changed since we moved away 12 years ago. It was Orientation Week and it was so fun to see the kids showing up to school, moving into the dorms and wandering around with that dazed look on their face (the same look I had on my face that first time walking around campus). We even drove by the apartment complex where we lived when Tony and I met and also was the site of "the incident." I hasn't changed a bit.

Rise and shout!

5 comments:

MooreInterest said...

Amber, when I saw your post...I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about! I am SO NOT a cougar...but my Mom was. Everytime one of us kids would have a "meltdown" she would start singing that song and clapping her hadns. Wierd, I know. But at least I can sing the song!

Kathleen said...

that picture of josh is great! such a big boy! we taught christian to say "goooo cougars!!" while up late watching the game last week :-). i'd so love to head back one day and check everything out!

Jeni said...

How fun! It will make watching the games much more fun for them now that they have been there.

Marisa said...

"the cougars are out!" Am I right? I come from a Utah dad and and a BYU mom.

laixinjie said...

good post!!!