Monday, November 17, 2008

Miss Ashley

**UPDATED** If the following story isn't enough to give you a fit of giggles on this lovely Monday, head over to Chocolate on My Cranium and see what your nifty name is. Mine is "I ran over a monster because I'm cool like that." If you do it, let me know what your name is!!

On our morning carpool to take Sam and Miss Ashley to school today, we were excited to ask Ashley all about her trip to visit her daddy this past weekend, who is working at a rural hospital for the next few weeks. They left during the school day so Ashley missed the last half of the Kindergarten on Friday. She told us all about the fun things they did and how she was actually going to miss school today, too, but her mom drove back last night so that she could go today, and not miss art.

Me: Ashley, that was so nice of your mommy!

Ashley: Yeah, I really like school. (LONG PAUSE). Almost more than I like my parents.


I'm sure Liz will be glad to know it.

Have a good Monday!

11 comments:

Cara said...

I kicked a birdbath because the voices told me to.

Loved the Ashley story. How funny!

Marisa said...

I yelled at my best friends boyfriend because I'm not crazy.

What rural town? We get people in from Omaha all the time down here to cover at our little hospital.

I would sure appreciate any Christmas craft ideas you may have.

Happy Monday!

Jeremy.Celeste said...

I loved a ninja because I am NOT crazy. I really enjoyed that. It gave me a laugh. Thanks I really needed it.

Jenn said...

I jumped on a ninja because I think I need some serious help.

Kids say the cutest things.

Camie said...

I danced with a smurf because big bird said to me and he's my leader!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I just left you an award on my blog! Love your blog.

Amy said...

I sang to my neighbor because my family thinks I'm stupid anyway.

Hmmm. Perhaps a little too close to home? Thanks for the laugh. :)

Lacey said...

Mine sounds like the plot to a bad CSI episode. I karate chopped a surfer because the voices told me to.

Cherie said...

Mine said,
I had lunch with a smurf because I am sexy and do what I want! Oh my, I wonder what my husband would think about all of this? :)

Our Complete Family said...

Ah, out of the mouths of babes. They are so darn funny, aren't they? I love, love, love that kids do not have an 'edit' button!!!
Hugs to you, Miss Rockin' fun carpool Mom!
Les

Garrett Gang said...

I love your header! Those kids are too cute!!