Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February Challenge #2

I loved Ali's Valentine tutorial so much that I took her up on her second February challenge...using a punch and repetition to create a project.


I had a long, skinny frame that has a 5" by 12" opening. I cut a piece of white cardstock to 5" by 12" and raided my paper stash to find coordinating papers for a Valentine's Day themed art piece. All the paper is Chatterbox (which made coordinating a breeze) and I only needed enough for a punch (I'm a paper hoarder). The ribbon across the middle is also Chatterbox. I wanted it to have a little dimension like Ali's butterflies, so I opted to take the glass out. I crumpled the paper and then ironed it flat for texture. I also lightly sponged black ink along the edges of the hearts to tie it in to the black frame. I spaced the hearts evenly and attached them with a tiny pop-dot.

I love the way it turned out so much, I'm going to repurpose it for St. Patrick's Day with green shamrocks. I made the entire thing with stuff from my stash...whoo-hoo for me!

For more great ideas, activities and recipes, check out Scribbit's Winter Bazaar!

13 comments:

The Brough Family said...

You're amazing... what a cute thing! I'm so impressed with your creativity. I could use a few lessons.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. I want to try one. Think of the endless possibilities too.

Thanks,
Jeni

Albanie said...

Holy cow! You are good! I could never think of that kind of stuff. i guess we all have our own talents. PS All I have is a crock pot (no oven). Do you have more recipes for crockpots that you like? Not soups just meals?

Garrett Gang said...

Very nice! I love it! However, don't hold your breath waiting for me to make one... :)

Montserrat said...

I saw that on Ali's sight and have been wanting to try one too. I love how you didn't stick with just pink but added the green. It turned out great!

Bonnie B. said...

That is adorable!!! The colors are perfect.

Albanie said...

Okay, so I did look a little more on your blog for recipes and that family website. I guess I could've done that instead of asked. sorry. we mostly like chicken just because it's less expensive. I'll have to wait for your Thursday blog for that one you guys really like.

Camie said...

Oh that I could be creative...That is really darling!

Anonymous said...

I really like this project, and I
am impressed that you made it from
stuff you already had on hand.
Buying new supplies is fun, but
how smug we are when we can make
do!!! Nice job.

the mom

jennwa said...

That is very pretty , I love it.

Kristi said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! What size is your frame? So, so cute!

Hey, I miss you!! It seems like it's been a while since we talked!! Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

What can i say.... you are too stinkn' creative, Amber! It turned out way cute!
Chery

Scribbit said...

Very clever of you--that paper would make cute little origami hearts too I bet. Chatterbox? I'll have to look it up.